Conan O’Brien on 60 Minutes tonight…Did NBC screw him over?

May 2, 2010

I wonder if he predicted the knife in the back?

Yeah, but it gave him a lot of money to soothe over the screwing…

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Conan O’Brien will be on TV this weekend with his first post-“Tonight Show” interview.

O’Brien talks with Steve Kroft on “60 Minutes,” CBS said Tuesday. O’Brien’s exit deal with NBC barred him from television appearances until May 1; the “60 Minutes” piece will air the day after.

The interview was conducted last week in Los Angeles, according to a person with knowledge of it. The person, who lacked authority to discuss the matter publicly, spoke on condition of anonymity.

This is the thing that always pisses me off.  If you don’t have the authority to speak on it, then why are you giving interviews?  Why is your right (alleged) to anonymity more important than the right of your job to limit access?  You know you are not supposed to talk, but because you can’t keep your mouth closed, you leak the info, but do it as a coward.  You are spreading rumors and that is really sad.

O’Brien, who left “Tonight” in January over a time-slot dispute with NBC, has agreed to host a late-night show on TBS later this year. He’s now on a national comedy tour.

(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Turner Broadcasting might be on to something.  The ratings have been good for the George Lopez show, even though the crew here does not watch.  Now, with Conan, I bet that his ratings will be just fine to justify whatever enormous contract that they gave him…Leno, watch your back.  You stabbed him, and whatever you get, you have coming.

People PLEASE! I still need you to love me! Watch my show that I gave to Conan and then took back!

This is how you walk away gracefully…

One Response to “Conan O’Brien on 60 Minutes tonight…Did NBC screw him over?”

  1. tophatal said

    Steve

    Who gives a sh_t ? NBC is devoid of ideas and creativity to begin with . These a_sholes lost over $300 million on their Olympic coverage in Vancouver and still thought it a success. Which idiot in their right mind writes off $300 million and thinks of it as a success ?

    Late night talk via NBC is a joke to begin with ! O’Brien and Leno are about as funny as a coronary attack !

    Alan Parkins

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: